Despite the impact of 2020 on many industries, the decorative coating industry is still going strong. That is why Hauzer held a webinar late March to show anyone interested – whether a current Hauzer customer or not, and whether currently active in the decorative sector or not – the potential and promise this fascinating market holds. In this article, we will give you a brief overview of the campaign leading up to the webinar and share the replay link.
A Market Going Strong in a Challenging Global Economy
The global pandemic has had a devastating effect on many industries. However, the decorative physical vapour deposition (PVD) sector is thriving. After an initial dip in Q2 2020 – when the world was holding its breath how the COVID-19 pandemic would develop – the demand for decorative coatings has continued to grow.
At Hauzer, too, we have continued to invest in our decorative coatings. The colour range of our coatings is constantly growing, and has now been expanded with a scratch-resistant black coating. Our latest Hauzer Flexicoat® machine, the Flexicoat 1250, supports the most flexible machine configurations yet. This flexib ility is perfect for businesses with a strong foundation in tribological or tool applications who want to expand into a profitable new market, or businesses already specialised in decorative coatings who want to serve an even wider audience.
Six Important Market Trends
In a recent report with Sales Manager Huub Vercoulen, we identified six important market trends in the decorative sector. These trends are what make decorative coatings worth investing in as a stable foundation for your business.
- Consumers investing in upgrading their surroundings. Now unprecedented numbers of people are working from home, renovations and home upgrades are more popular than ever.
- Multi-purpose coating machines. The demand for tool and tribological coatings is fluctuating. This has led many businesses to want to expand into the decorative sector as a secure investment. With the flexible configuration of Hauzer machines, it is very well possible to configure a dual- or even triple-purpose machine.
- Rose gold, black and a broader colour range. Consumers are taking advantage of the increasing availability of colourful PVD coatings to add interest and a sense of luxury to kitchens, furniture, door hardware and other interior design staples.
- More design applications for decorative PVD coatings. Designers, too, are taking advantage of the growing possibilities in PVD coatings to upgrade the look and feel of even small product components.
- Antibacterial coatings. Hauzer started developing antibacterial coatings with the expectation that they would mostly be popular for high-touch surfaces in public areas or buildings such as hospitals. But with the COVID-19 pandemic still ongoing after more than a year, it is not surprising that consumers, too, are increasingly interested in adding antibacterial properties to their home furnishings.
- Quick ramp-up in in-house coating capacity. The difference between a successful product and a failed launch may well be timing. With the Hauzer fast ramp-up service, a collaboration with coating service provider Ionbond, you can enjoy a short time-to-market of your coated product, even as your coating machine is being built in our factory.
Hauzer: Your Partner in Decorative Coatings
All our experts are seeing that the decorative coating market is thriving, and will likely continue to do so for years. The constantly expanding colour and substrate range makes PVD coatings an inspiring technology to explore for designers of a wide range of products.
Of course, decorative coatings are not just decorative. They provide both premium aesthetics and valuable functional properties such as wear resistance and corrosion resistance – and now, antibacterial properties.
For all these aspects of a good decorative coating – colour, coating properties and additional functionality – Hauzer can be your technology partner. Hauzer machines are known for their exceptional coating quality, with highly consistent results. Designed for flexibility, our machines can keep up with the shifting needs of your business not just today, but many decades in the future. And because we are a company built on cooperation and service, we are always happy to share our expertise and existing recipes with you, or embark on challenging and interesting joint development projects.
Learn More on Our Deco Campaign Page
Are you interested in getting started or expanding your capacity in the fascinating world of decorative PVD coatings? Make sure to visit our campaign page. There, you will find the webinar recording, plus:
- Our market report going into more detail about the six important trends mentioned in this article
- The latest test results for Hauzer antibacterial and hard black coatings
- An interview with decorative coating customer Sussex Taps
The webinar on 30 March was very well attended, with almost 300 people from various companies and industries interested in learning more about the fascinating world of deco. Many of them also contributed their questions to be answered live, which made for a lively session.
We have now made the recording available online, covering the following topics:
- Welcome and introduction by Michiel Eerden, Director of Sales
- In-depth discussion of Hauzer decorative solutions by Huub Vercoulen, Sales Manager for the decorative sector
- Why the decorative market just keeps growing
- Matching the fast pace of fashion
- Antibacterial properties in a broad colour range
- Hauzer’s long history in decorative coatings
- Hauzer solutions, technologies and machines
- Looking for partners to develop antiviral coatings
Did you miss the webinar, or would you simply like to rewatch it? Then visit https://www.hauzertechnocoating.com/en/decorative-webinar/.
Download PDF version of article here.