Speed Meets Performance
The new circular arc technology CARC+ developed by Hauzer is fast, reliable and produces very smooth coatings.
- Fast: cycle time < 4 hours in Hauzer Flexicoat® 850
- Smooth: Ra down to 0.16 µm for 2 µm AlTiN
- Arc confinement
- No maintenance cathode ignition
- Process reliability due to integrated cathode protection
- Stable behaviour over wide pressure range
- Extremely high target utilization
The performance of the coatings is excellent. In different tests by prestigious tool makers, the tools with CARC+ coatings performs better than benchmark tool coatings. A prestigious American tool maker tested 13 different state-of-the-art coatings and found that the TiAlN coating produced with CARC+ technology outperformed all others. You can read more about these tests here.
CARC+ technology is available on the Hauzer Flexicoat® 850 and 1000.
If you want more information about this new technology, please download the leaflet here.