Today's industries face challenges on an extremely large scale. Globalization, speed of technological change and customer demand have revolutionized the way we do business today.
In decorative coatings for appliance, cosmetics and automotive industry, these changes drive the need to replace chrome plating on plastics. More and more countries restrict or ban the use of Cr6+ , but the demand for decorative or functional bright chrome plating continues to grow.
The alternative for chrome plating on plastics can be a PVD coating, consisting of basecoat and topcoat, as described on the page decorative coating.
Another alternative can be Cromatipic®, a Sidasa process, consisting of a UV Radcure primer combined with a PVD topcoat.
Advantages of Cromatipic®:
- no transparent topcoat needed
- thicker chromecoatings result in only minimum roughness increase
- uniform stress cracking
- good chipping resistance
- simplifying control processes
- possibility to apply on aluminium alloys and different plastics
- no corrosion risk
- excelent adhesion on different thermoplastics
- thermal stability and excellent resistance to humidity
- different metal colours possible
More information can be found in the article about Cromatipic® in Hauzer for You magazine. Please download the article.
If you are interested in this process and equipment, please contact us.